When going on recruiting visits to colleges, it is crucial to ask important questions to get a better understanding of the school and its athletic program on recruiting visits. Here are the top 10 questions to ask college coaches on recruiting visits:
1. What is the team’s philosophy and coaching style?
2. How do you support and develop your athletes academically?
3. What are the team’s expectations for off-season training?
4. How do you help athletes balance their academics and athletics?
5. Can you provide information on the team’s facilities and resources?
6. What is the team’s approach to injury prevention and rehabilitation?
7. What opportunities are available for leadership and community involvement?
8. Can you tell me about your coaching staff and their backgrounds?
9. How do you assess playing time and what opportunities are there for growth?
10. What is the team’s culture like, and how do you promote a positive team environment?
Asking these questions will not only demonstrate your interest in the program but also help you make an informed decision about whether the college and its athletic program align with your goals and values. Remember, a recruiting visit is a two-way conversation, so don’t be afraid to ask questions that will help you make the best decision for your future.